Other ways to save money:
Cut some expenses in your budget. You will be amazed to see how much money you find once you start paying attention to what you are spending your money on. Here are some ideas to tighten your spending temporarily while you save money for your down payment:
Save eating out for only special occasions.
try to avoid drive throughs, coffee, gas station drinks etc and you will be amazed to see how quickly you can save some money.
Save money at the grocery store. Grocery shop once per week – frequent trips to the store can cause you way to spend unnecessary money.
- meal plan around what is on sale that week.
- buy store brand vs name brand
- Cancel subscriptions – go through your subscriptions and cancel anything that you do not need.
- Lower your utilities if you can
- Find fun things to do in your city that are free before planning an expensive date night.
We want to work with you and get you in your dream house. We know saving money for a downpayment is an added stress but once we sit down and figure out all the options, there’s a lot we can do to help you. Lets turn your homeownership goals to reality.
What’s your favourite way to save money for a downpayment? Let us know in the comments below.